Sick Mollies, Please HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I am having trouble with my mollies. I currently have two mollies in a 20 gallon brackish aquarium, with 2 fiddler crabs, two bamboo shrimp and about 15 molly fry. (The mother of the fry died shortly after giving birth)

The adult mollies are behaving very strangely. They are flashing and shimmying, but have no white spots, the bigger molly is almost vertical and seems to be having trouble staying afloat. The other molly seems to have a bent tail... like if I looked at her top down, she is a J shape. The mollies interact with other strangely. They seem to go up to the J fishes body and kind of nip at her, but i really don't think they are being aggresive...

My aquarium is cycled - 0 Ammonia, 0 nitrites, some nitrates, not a lot though. PH is a bit high (around 7.six, but that seems to be what mollies like!) Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Ann

Hmmm, If it is an internal parasite would ich medication work?

That's a good question. I guess if the meds can reach the parasites it might work. Never heard of anything tried on this.

Back
Top Bottom