sick mollies with fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moretanks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have 2 mollys one is new and had white dots on its fins so i put it in a small tank i had cycled already but had moved the shrimp into a big tank, started treating with mela fix, she had her fry in the tank and some are still alive, now my other molly had white fuzzy patches and i cant put them both in the tank because it is way too small, so my question is what to do and if i can take the fry out and put into my community tank or if i should move them and the molly into my betta tank and the betta into the tank i started treating the molly, or if i should put the mollys and fry all into the 30g again and treat it because they have all been exposed. but i also have either guppy or molly fry in it, as well as a blue velvet shrimp,ghost shrimp,assasin snails corys,kuli loaches, 2guppys, neon tetras a glo light tetra, and 3 zebra danios, as they grow they will all move around into the other tanks we have,but i need to know what to do the molly with the white fuzzy patches has been with us for a year and im kinda attatched. will melafix work or would the fizy tabs for ich and a few other things from walmart work?jungle brand life gaurd or something like that. please help, time is critical. thanks in advance.

That has to be the longest sentence in history, i say bravo as i am this way myself lol.
Have you considered simply takin gout the shrimp into a bowl of water until your done with treatment? (so simple but so often overlooked)
White fuzzy is bacterial infection called Columnaris, google it and have a read.
Treatment involes a antibiotic HAS to be one of the following
Maracyn-2
Kanaplex
Terramycin
Treat as directed and change the water more often, dont mess with the fixes.
Ick meds should be one dose and its dead as far as im concerned. Try upping the heat and some AQ salt

Back
Top Bottom