Sick molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loafingstone

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a sick Molly. He is in the bottom of the tank almost folded in half do he looks like the letter C. He is still breathing but very rapidly. He was his usual self yesterday. Is there anything that can make him better?

I have a sick Molly. He is in the bottom of the tank almost folded in half do he looks like the letter C. He is still breathing but very rapidly. He was his usual self yesterday. Is there anything that can make him better?

Is the tank cycled? what are your water readings? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph) that will help us determine the possible cause for sickness. sometime the rapid breathing can be an indication of high ammonia levels. But the best advice I can give without the readings is water changes. Sometimes doing a water change can help the fish tremendously.

Just done a 20 litre change on a 100 litre tank. Not change the water for about 3 weeks as I have badly injured my back ju

Sent without finishing. Only got 6 fish in the tank so thought the water would be ok. Changed it now anyway. Fingers crossed. Don't have any of the equipment to check water quality. Hopefully the water change I have done will help. Will do another 20 litre change in a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom