Sick Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mollies do not need brackish water, they are fine in fresh and salt. My LFS actually has them in a lot of their tanks to eat algae (all tanks besides ones with algae eaters, fish that the mollies would eat, or fish that would eat the mollies).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ick Update: On day two of higher temps (82 degrees), increased aeration and 1/2 dose Paraguard, one platy died. The other one is flashing against the wood. All the other fish seem fine. There doesn't seem to be any negative reaction to the medicine amongst the cories or amano shrimp, so I'm thinking of increasing the dose a bit today.

All alive this morning, swimming busily, but the harlequin rasboro didn't eat anything. Remaining platy seems okay, but I think there is 1 white spot on tail fin. Yesterday, increased dose of Paraguard to 4.5 ml (suggested dose 7.5). Not sure if I should continue with temp at 82 or go back down.

All alive this morning, swimming busily, but the harlequin rasboro didn't eat anything. Remaining platy seems okay, but I think there is 1 white spot on tail fin. Yesterday, increased dose of Paraguard to 4.5 ml (suggested dose 7.5). Not sure if I should continue with temp at 82 or go back down.

Unless there is a warning about raised temp, I think it would be fine to keep the temp raised especially since you may see an ich spot on the platy. Do you think upping the dose would help now that you see it hasn't done any harm?

Back
Top Bottom