Sick pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have a standard brown bristle nose and in the last week and a half I noticed that he/she has two white spots on his/her back. They are flat, not raised at all. The fish is eating and acting shy and active as usual. Are the white spots something to be worried about?

I just noticed a weird coloring on mine too! I posted a thread with pics. Maybe they have the same thing?

Attachments

• image-335063548.jpg
    image-335063548.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3038391767.jpg
    image-3038391767.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 65
Mine looks like that sometimes too. I think that just happens to them. It Will go away then you will notice it again.

The spots are smaller and more local, they are about 3-4 mm wide and are white. I have two plecos in there but I have never seen them scuffle. Maybe he tried to squeeze into a tight spot. Not sure.

Amicus said:
The spots are smaller and more local, they are about 3-4 mm wide and are white. I have two plecos in there but I have never seen them scuffle. Maybe he tried to squeeze into a tight spot. Not sure.

Good luck!! I hope someone has the answer. Maybe it is just from rubbing on something. I've never noticed it on mine before either but it sorta makes sense lol

Back
Top Bottom