sick tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibberwatt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently moved my neon tetra school to a new tank, when they started to get eaten by the local angelfish. however, one of the tetras has developed a ring of white gook around his tail. I have been dosing with a universal protozoan doom juice, called quick Cure, which handled a fungus pretty well, but it hasn't been doing squat for this fish.
The tetra on the bottom is the one with the issue.

Attachments

• DSCN0422.JPG
    DSCN0422.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 55
That is a good website.
I looked at all the pictures, and it could be the neon tetra disease (unlikely) or a bacterial infection. The NTD is unlikely because this tetra has been living with his buddies with this stuff on his back for over a week. So that leaves the bacterial infection, and I am going out soon to get a bacterial doom juice. I think he will hang on.

OK - I think it is TB. I am treating with API Melafix, but the tetra has neither died, nor gotten better. It has been two weeks. Is this normal? Also, he has been living with some tetra buddies, and none of them have gotten sick. But his spine is bent, and he has skin infections curving over his back. Can you tell me why neither he nor his friends aren't dying?

OK - I think it is TB. I am treating with API Melafix, but the tetra has neither died, nor gotten better. It has been two weeks. Is this normal? Also, he has been living with some tetra buddies, and none of them have gotten sick. But his spine is bent, and he has skin infections curving over his back. Can you tell me why neither he nor his friends aren't dying?

Tetras can be pretty tough when established. It sounds bacterial which melafix won't be able to handle. Can you post a pic?

Edit - can you QT? Bacterial will sooner or later travel to the next fish.

Back
Top Bottom