Sick white cloud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainShams

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, I tried to post this on a new thread but it had to be approved and this is URGENT!

I have three little 24k white clouds like this guy and a snail in a tank (no other fish)...

1433873C.jpg

The only one I named was Shakey, because he was smaller than the other two significantly and seemed to have a more nervous demeanor. I woke up this morning and Shakey was dead! :'( Before he died he was swimming very slowly and lethargically floating around. Now one of the white clouds is acting super aggressive, attacking the other. I suspect that the aggressive one murdered him!! He was just attacking the other, but ow he stopped and they are just floating next to each other...

Is this about mating or somehting?? What should I do. The temp is 76-78. I put an ice cube or 2 once a day. we just got a nubias plant and some seeds. Feed them like 3-4 flakes a day...

He keeps attacking her! HELP!:confused:

Well while the clouds usually need cooler temps a slightly warm steady temp I would think would be better. Adding ice cubes lowers the temp then it raises after. All the back and forth temperature can't be good for them. These guys prefer to be in bigger groups so you probably had too few of them. My guess is the one that died was female and got chased by the others. I am not sure if you mentioned the size of the tank but you should definitely get more. 6-8 in a group or more is the most ideal. Unless you have a small tank. Don't overstock to make a bigger group. Talk to your fish store and see if you can trade those ones for all female (can't remember off the top of my head if you can tell the sex of juveniles)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also- did you cycle the tank first??? The red in the gills suggest ammonia poisoning. Do you know your ammonia nitrite and nitrate levels?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom