silicone question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr.Nate

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking at puting acrylic baffles in my 20 gal. glass sump.....can I use regular silicone from home depot? Is it reef safe? Or should I use aquarium silicone only? Is there another adhesive I could use that is reef safe? TIA

Look at the ingredients on both packages -- if they're identical, and they probably are (silicone typically means inert), then go with whatever is cheaper.

Then again, we used regular silicome from Home Depot to reseal a 125g tank..

Get the silicone from Home Depot that is in the tube that is BLUE and says"our very best" on it. It's Reef Safe. everything in my LFS is held together with that stuff and so is my 72.

Oh BTW, Home Depot Sells Replacement panes for glass doors and they have one that is 12"x16" they are like 3.50 a piece. All you will have to do is make 1 cut and then you'll have a 12" baffle...... that's what I did. Just a thought

Jason.....

Thanks for the info....wish I had known about the glass before cuz I already bought the cut acrylic. Will definately buy the silicon though....thanks.

Back
Top Bottom