Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ehhh, I want to get above 90%.... Although I guess with current space constraints we'll see.

Tomorrow I do have an odd job I'm doing for a little extra cash, helping my professor set up and move around some tanks in his office... not sure how much but I'm hoping enough to pick up a 40 breeder before $/gallon is over....

WE HAVE MORE WIGGLERS! PANDA KOI WIGGLERS! (Statistically, probably a bunch of albino wigglers!) Water changed out most of the MB now, just watching the remaining eggs as they hatch...

Statistically speaking, Statistics are based on 100% hatch and survival. That doesn't usually happen. And, considering that albinism is a fault/ defect, unless the breeders are both albinos themselves, these fry are usually the weaker ones so you may not get any live albinos. Statistically speaking, albinos don't usually survive. :whistle: ;)

Statistically speaking, Statistics are based on 100% hatch and survival. That doesn't usually happen. And, considering that albinism is a fault/ defect, unless the breeders are both albinos themselves, these fry are usually the weaker ones so you may not get any live albinos. Statistically speaking, albinos don't usually survive. :whistle: ;)
Rainbow breeder told me this same thing. He said with his albino strain he gets few viable eggs and he's been working on them for years.

Brenna

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got a 15 gallon bin that should be enough for a while. By the end of the month we'll have a 40 breeder set up for more fry. So I'm thinking the fry in the 55 stay in the 55, fry in the 26 move to the 40, fry in the 15 bin move to the 26, and by the time these new wigglers need to be moved into the 26 we should have sold the batch in the 55 and possibly have a 2nd 40 breeder (y)

Pretty good number of wigglers! Hoping we have a good survival rate, can't wait to see them grow

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Thanks so much!!! I can't tell you how much I admire your tanks!

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

So how's everyone doing? Not much to report. Still no new multi spawns. Angel wigglers are developing, the first batch of angelfish from November is almost dime sized now.

You may have touched on this? What's the plan for all zee wee angels?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

55 gallon is growout to nickel size, then selling off the best to Poppa's site, the next best for the good lfs, and any left to the crappy lfs.

Between that and money from odd jobs I'm getting two 40b for more growouts. Then I'll have a 3 gallon bin for eggs and wigglers, 3 10 gallons for fry, and a 26 and two 40s for growouts. I'm going to use the planted 55 gallon for raising the best of each spawn to breeder size for Poppa's site, AA friends and myself (y)

And of course if anyone on AA sees fisg they like just PM us, ya'll will always get first dibs :D

Wigglers, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks :D

Attachments

• 1452714136591.jpg
    1452714136591.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 1452714152462.jpg
    1452714152462.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 1452714169766.jpg
    1452714169766.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 1452714194040.jpg
    1452714194040.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 60
Wow that's awesome. You two have done so much with so little space. Good job!

Brenna

Thanks! It really makes me appreciate how much it takes to make the fish we keep. We're going to have 14 tanks and just 4 of them won't be about angelfish breeding :lol:

I just noticed AA has a chat :eek: Does anyone use it?

Back
Top Bottom