Six line wrasse died today.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ericwm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
His is my first fatality in the hobby but it has only been a few months. I'm trying to remain optimistic, at least I know my six line won't eat my cleaner shrimp now.

My fire fish has a nip out of his tail this morning and my six line is dead, could there have been a disagreement last night. I would have expected a different outcome but I am new. Those are my only two fish and I have a cleaner and hermits... and some random snail I never see. Could I just have a fearsome fire fish?

Moving forward. What would make a good replacement. I liked my six line a lot but I think I would like to try something new.

Sorry to hear about your buddy the six line. I have one also in a bio cube 29. Great fish. Again sorry.

Yeah I know it's all part of it, I blame my hydrometer. It was reading 1.024 but when I took a sample to my LFS to check all my parameters all were good except my SG was at 1.027. I think I may need a refractometer... Is there a hydrometer out there I can trust? Mine is instant ocean brand. I brought my SG down slowly today but I still am not positive where it is since my hydrometer is a lier. More work tomorrow.

Dont believe that is your problem, your sg should be 1.026, yes you do need a refractometer, but do not think thats the reason

Holygral said:
Dont believe that is your problem, your sg should be 1.026, yes you do need a refractometer, but do not think thats the reason

Do you think my firefish could have won a fight? He does have a nip on his fin. I don't know what else could have done it.

Back
Top Bottom