Sk3llys 60P Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Standard diffuser at the moment. Might go inline atomiser though but not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Some pictures for a change. Still not happy but we're moving in the right direction.

Ludwigia curly/tornado growing well now. Still waiting for it to colour though
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423604559.154633.jpg

Rotala macranda recovering nicely from its damage in shipping. Tops are new growth and i think more red than the rest of the plant.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423604619.493345.jpg

Rotala vietnam really speedy grower. This has come from a gel pack and its only been in a week or so. No real colour yet, slight red hues coming but not overly visable on photo
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423604692.431665.jpg

Limno aromatica is still in the tank but its had a big trim and is hidden behind the stone

And finally a full tank shot
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423604736.885538.jpg

Any criticisms or advice on plant placing/scape is much appreciated. Thanks

I like it too.. but what if you placed the heater behind the dw so it'll be hidden? It's a tad distracting, IMHO.

I dig the scape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it too.. but what if you placed the heater behind the dw so it'll be hidden? It's a tad distracting, IMHO.

Great idea buddy. I didnt even think about this and its such an easy fix

How is the flow behind the DW?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My flow works left to right. Then down the right side wall to substrate. Then right to left on substrate. The dw does restrict it but plants seem to be doing ok

That flow should work for heat distribution. That was the biggest issue with where I had my heater, then I switched it to the other side with much more flow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your tank is looking awesome..very professional looking...looks like one you would see on the ada or tropica website..

Great tank Sk3lly! What a fantastic piece of driftwood!

Thank you Slavo :) yea took a lot of effort to get it into the tank. Also still leaches a lot of tannins

Your tank is looking awesome..very professional looking...looks like one you would see on the ada or tropica website..

Thanks a lot Thumper. Thats a really big compliment seeing as i put a lot of time into researching tropica and ADA before starting this. They were real inspirations for me. I think ive gone too crazy with plant varieties.... We all love plants though!!

Well it was most definitely worth the effort. The driftwood looks great! I'm considering trying a partially emersed look like this as well in my Eheim Aquastyle with a piece I found on a hiking trip.

Some low level lighting pictures after water change...

Limno aromatica looking more purple
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425121940.757504.jpg

Ludwigia tornado forming the tight coiled leaves
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425121999.827081.jpg

New foreground layout. More new pogo helfuri and the return of everybody's favourite AR mini
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425122071.112503.jpg

And rotala macrandra going from strength to strength. Although this is my only remaining stem :( others did not make it. I have more tropica 1-2 macrandra in the tank gaining a foothold before it gets moved to its area
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425122160.236904.jpg

And a half tank shot as one half is sorted and the other half is full of plants growing out and bits ready to sell off
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425122218.360202.jpg

I spy ar!! Make us proud man:) that tornado is looking pretty nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great looking pics and the macrandra looks super red. Mine are yellow until they're a few inches from the surface.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Skelly,
Do you run your koralia 240 as a wavemaker or full on?

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

Skelly,
Do you run your koralia 240 as a wavemaker or full on?

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

Full on, i may be wrong but I'm guessing "wave making" is reserved for sw tanks;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys. Well its still not properly photo worthy, but im going to share a FTS

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425762855.810857.jpg

Please excuse the blyxa on the right wall. Its growing out ready for sale.

I also need to trim the dhg right low to tidy it up. Hate the idea of having to do this

Back
Top Bottom