Skimmer...bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spence0416

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had my skimmer running for a month or so without any problems, then I switch to a larger tank and now it is allowing micro bubbles to run into the tank. I've tried adjusting the air flow, but it just doesn't seem to be working. I have to completely block off all air flow to keep the bubbles from entering the tank.

Anybody have any ideas on what could be going wrong. Does the temp of the tank have anything to do with this?

Your just going to have to live with it buddy, the seaclone SUCKS!!! as a hangon skimmer, I have mine in a sump and it works good, but it still lets bubbles out, they just don't make it from the sump to the tank, thank goodness!!!

On my CPR Bakpak it was trial and error to get the air flow adjusted right to minimize bubbles. If you cleaned it recently it may need to break in again. Also certain additives can make it bubble to much. Temperature should have nothing to do with it.

The Seaclone website has troubleshooting tips and they say that if you are having excessive bubbles in your tank/overflowing skimmer it is caused from adding a slime stimulater to your water. A lot of the dechlorinators also have the slime coat in them. This same thing happened to me. Working just fine then all of a sudden the thing overflows in the night and then starts filling the whole tank with so many bubbles that the glass is covered. I changed to Prime for dechlorinator and even though the Seaclone still sucks it has stopped the bubbling. It takes about two weeks for the slime coat to break down in the water and stop doing that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom