Slug or Naudibranch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdellin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Before this thing slithered into the rock, I saw that it was oblong with two of the spots on it's back that you can see in the pic. FYI, it's the tan colored spot in the middle with the black spot on it, you can only see half of it as the other half is hidden. Best pic I could get before it disappeared.

Any idea on whether or not I should let this thing live? (I'm kidding, of course) Is it dangerous to my reef and inverts?

Attachments

• slug_515.jpg
    slug_515.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 251
It is hard to tell... with so many kind of slug out there, I will always keep an eye on ur coral, if anything missing then u need to remove it from the tank. It doesn't matter if u want to kill it or not, if it is those kind of coral eating slug, after it consume all coral it will eat, it willjust starve to death.

Here is a better pic. It's actually much longer than I thought. It's tan with three black spots, then it turns darker with what looks like a red spot. Help! I put this rock in my QT until I know it's safe for my corals.

Also, it seems to be burrowed into the rock, so I have no idea how long it is, but I believe it's hard, not soft like a slug.

Attachments

• slug2.jpg
    slug2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 239
Wow, it's been a long time since I've ID'd one of these. That's a chiton. Great algae grazer. Definately let it live. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom