Small tank stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In a moment of pity we wound up buying a Betta with a damaged tail. I think he has fin rot. I imagine from being in such poor conditions. Everything else looks good and he is very curious. Should I medicate him or will be ok now that he is a tank with healthy water? I think he is going to be beautiful. He has already colored up considerably. I just hope I can nurse him back to health.

Understood...I don't know how many times I rescued betta cup fish that were doing poorly :(

Not sure about medicating him, fortunately I haven't had to deal with that. Make sure he's active, eating, has good color and that the water quality is excellent.

Keep us posted.

Here is the poor little guy:
img_3190919_0_1d2807f016b2a2835736c00b09249aed.jpg

He doesn't look as bad as I was thinking. Mine has a few torn fins cuz he drags them across everything in the tank.

As long as he is eating and acting healthy and active I wouldn't worry much about it

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thanks! So far he is eating and swimming around fine. He was labeled(maybe incorrectly?) as a butterfly so I figure he is missing a ring of secondary color around his fins. Hopefully his fins will grow back and then I will know what he is :)

Thanks! So far he is eating and swimming around fine. He was labeled(maybe incorrectly?) as a butterfly so I figure he is missing a ring of secondary color around his fins. Hopefully his fins will grow back and then I will know what he is :)

Depending on where you got him. Mislabeling is not uncommon. My Petco mislabels them all the time

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom