Small whizzy dot thing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2cvbloke

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just saw this before the lights went off, I can barely describe it, but it was less than a millimetre, it reminded me of a Daphnia, but was white, and it was pretty fast... :-?

Any ideas as to what it could be? :confused:

no clue...
then again, I'm no expert on small whizzydotthings...
Good luck, Hopefully someone here will have some ideas for you on what to do with them.... Who knows, maybe your fish will eat them.

Try with image on google... it looks like white spot?
Or put here a picture with your fish. All your fish has this white little dots? ...and where exacly are the dots, on the fins or on the body?... or in both sides?
How is their behaviour now? It is a difference? I am asking if your fish are rubbering of the glass or rocks... :-|
LE: what fish do you have?

Try with image on google... it looks like white spot?
Or put here a picture with your fish. All your fish has this white little dots? ...and where exacly are the dots, on the fins or on the body?... or in both sides?
How is their behaviour now? It is a difference? I am asking if your fish are rubbering of the glass or rocks... :-|
LE: what fish do you have?

The dots aren't on the fish, they're free-swimming little creatures, I just spotted one, but by the time I noticed it, the bloomin' thing zipped off!!! :rolleyes:

Ah well, I'm hoping it's not a threat to my fish, but we'll see... :(

Wow, weird! :neutral: I've never seen anything like this.

Neither have I, in my snail tank there are little dot things, but they don't zip about like these do, but it's so difficult to spot it/them in this tank, I can't give a more accurate description... :(

Can you take a picture? They looks more like worms or something like that? Do you feed your fish with tubifex or artemia?

Can you take a picture? They looks more like worms or something like that? Do you feed your fish with tubifex or artemia?

My camera's too slow, it doesn't look like a worm from what I've seen of it, and so far I have only fed 1 algae wafer (on the day I got the fish and shrimp) and small amounts of freeze-dried bloodworm daily, nothing else... :confused:

Unless it came in on the plants... :confused:

The way it behaves is similar to that of Daphnia, but the size is much smaller, they're just too difficult to spot... :(

It sounds like it could be a copepod. They can hang around in low numbers (particularly in heavily planted tanks) and only emerge after the tank lights are switched off. If so, it should have a jerky kind of swimming (though speeded up so much that it may look fairly smooth at first glance).

Tony

Back
Top Bottom