Snail Egg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caco

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have this "brown web" holding small air bubbles growing on top of my Liverock. I happens once I removed...but it is back again, and I notice my snail is always around. So is it egg? Should I live like that or should I remove?

thanks

Attachments

• PICT0341.jpg
    PICT0341.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 77
  • PICT0339.jpg
    PICT0339.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 70
  • PICT0334.jpg
    PICT0334.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 64
It's a spot of cyanobacteria and should be syphoned out as often as possible. With that, I would encourage more water changes to help get your nutrients under control. If this stuff gets a chance, it will take over the tank. With the addition of water changes, other things that may help would be to add more flow to the area and lessening your lighting cycle. There is an article on cyanobacteria in the articles section, that may help.

I agree, cyano. You definitely want to get rid of it and take the above actions.

Thank you guys..I have this tank for about 2 months..I know I have a lot to learn...but PWC how often and for a 34 galons tank how much (%) should I do.
I have a RED SEA Max tank...that might help.

thanks

I don't think you can ever go wrong with 10% a week as a minimum. If you're having water quality issues, then 20% a week until things get back under control. I see you're using seawater "from Monterey Bay." Is that filtered? From the aquarium? If it's just water you're getting yourself from the ocean, you could be putting nutrients into the tank that will fuel the cyano from doing the water changes.

Have you tested your nitrate levels? Phosphates?

Back
Top Bottom