Snails have Taken over O__O

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puriti said:
They're eating the algae on my plants and tank walls...

oh.. lol... but still if you "Starve" your tank for a few days and then feed VERY Sparingly only once every other day then the population should decrease significantly.

I could maybe try a puffer again or a loach because I sucker in when it comes to "starving" my tank becuase they all give me that "I'm starving! feed me pleeeeeeeeaaasssssse i'm gonna dieeeee....." look

well if anyone has any snails that can survive in brackish water ill take some... ill pay for them as well.... just a thought... i want to try out the invert life

How do you tell if some snails have died, is it when they float or dont move for ages

When you gravel vac the tank, you will find you are sucking up tons of empty shells (the lighter ones) and unable to suck up tons of empty shells (the heavier ones). I never worried about the ones I couldn't suck up... could they cause a problem in the tank? Aren't shells calcium rich? Breaking down over time, they could (in theory) cause a problem?

Back
Top Bottom