Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deenalove

Aquarium Advice Activist
Not sure if this goes here. But I have a snail, no idea what it is. It was free since I LOVE snails. But now I have some little egg nest things on the corner of my tank and they are growing so fast. I wonder what kind of snail it is. The embryos are taking shape. I even took pictures, if I knew how to post them lol. Can anyone post pics of snails and the name? Even of diff egg sacs? I think it might be a ramshorn snail, but not too sure. And I dont mind if the snail population get out of control :) I am soon going to transfer the fish out and some puffers in :) So I know that will control the population.

If you click post reply under this, the next page you can scroll down and click manage attachments, and pick the pics you want to put on. Do not close the pop up window until it says they were put on. :)
My ramshorn snails laid their eggs under the leaves of the plants.

snails

Are they little brown ones and the eggs white with what looks like jelly around them?

You like snails so I posted one of my favorite photos I took from my tank:wave:

Attachments

• DSC01437.jpg
    DSC01437.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 65
Are they little brown ones and the eggs white with what looks like jelly around them?

You like snails so I posted one of my favorite photos I took from my tank:wave:

is that a gold mystery? Yeah i have been a snail addict since I can remember. When I was little I could go in the rain with my rain coat on and collect as many garden snails as I could and coated myself with them lol

Its an apple snail. Sounds like I have the same ones in my tanks they breed like crazy and the eggs take about two weeks to hatch I just keep catching them and dumping them into one tank so must have around 80 at a quick guess.I use them to clean up in the baby fry tank and seems to be working well.

Last edited:
Its an apple snail. Sounds like I have the same ones in my tanks they breed like crazy and the eggs take about two weeks to hatch I just keep catching them and dumping them into one tank so must have around 80 at a quick guess.I use them to clean up in the baby fry tank and seems to be working well.

yeah the 2 i have clean the tank well :) i love watching them grow. Baby is almost asleep then I can post pics.

i wish my mollies would have their fry already! It's bugging me lol

Mine are sleeping already both of them lucky me now I have to do a water change on 3 tanks awaiting pics when you have peace and quite:)

Mine look a slightly different with a but more of a pointed shell but then we are many thousands of miles apart, but the eggs look the same you will see they breed very quickly. I would not recommend you put on a swimming costume and take a plunge in the tank to play with them.:)

Those are not apple/mystery snail eggs. :) They look like ramshorn eggs, and I am 99% sure your snail is a ramshorn too. If you got one or two more snails, you would have a million babies in no time. I had a population explosion of them a few months ago, and I had to get assassin snails to keep them in check. Mystery snails lay their eggs above the water line.
I will share some pics of my snails. :) I am also a snail fan!

Back
Top Bottom