snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BakerBoy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 32 gallon tank and I want to put some snails in it. Wha kind would be good?

if you want snails for looks,mystery appple nerite and even some kinds of "pest" snails are good. if you want them to eat algae,nerites. if you want them to eat leftover food,feed less

im not sure,but i think nerites get the size of a nickel,mystery snails get the size of a golfball,and some species of apple snails reach the size of an apple(though i doubt youll find any apple snails that get that big)

Ok well I'll look into the mystery snails thanks for your help and the reply

O! Mystery are cool! :) they are in the apple snail family! Just a little info here! Apple snails are for sure a boy and girl. So If you get only one that will decrease trout chances of them breeding. But the thing is that they can hold sperm for months. They will lay their eggs above water and depending on the temperature will hatch and simply fall into the water! Also for really good and simple information on these wonderful creatures you should check out applesnail.net it's rally informative! Hope I somewhat helped! :)

Back
Top Bottom