Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jammydodger68

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Am gonna have an infestation at some point(bladder/pond)and trumpets of which I love[emoji1][emoji8][emoji7] My question is, what fish can I buy that will eat the snails, but not my fish? I have Rummie's, harlequin rasbora and oto's.... Thanx in advance[emoji1][emoji1474]

A trio of yoyo loaches will clean out your snails quickly. I've always found them to be active, funny, and peaceful towards other fish. You could also try assassin snails, but they'll take quite a bit longer to have an effect. If you're trying to prevent a population explosion of other snails, assassin snails may be the way to go.

I didn't see your second post about shrimp, sorry. I think the yoyos would possibly eat your shrimp also.

I had the same issue with snails until I purchased 8 zebra danios and much to my surprise 2 days later I couldn't find a snail. I had no idea they ate snails but seeing as how they were the only fish in my tank that had to be the case.

Zebra danio are pigs lol

I had no idea they ate snails, but they definitely clean up every morsel of food that goes into the tank [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom