snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
where did my snails go? i bought 12 nassurious (SP) a couple of weeks ago and they were doin well (except for the ones the hermits got :( ) so i got 12 more, and i dont know where they went. the lfs guy gave me some shells for the hermits. how long do they stay in the ls? when it was feeding time they all would RUSH to the surface, but now only about 6 do. i should have like 20 left....

I`ve got about 50 in my tank and only see a few during feeding time. They are there.

thanks, i feel better. i tested my water for ammonia to make sure they didnt die, and it was 0, so they had to be somewhere. when i got the 1st 12, they would only half bury themselves, so i knew they were there. when i do my water changes, i syphon the sand, too, so i suppose they have to go deeper to get the debris.

I had to relegate the hermits to the fuge to keep them from devouring the snails. I only have a couple hermits left now and I don't intend on getting any more.

Back
Top Bottom