Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sniperhank said:
Ok...so I just walked in the door. I stopped at House of Tropicals. Very happy. Spent...alot. No nem, they were all way to large for my tank. What I did get. I got an orange plating monti frag, a red symphodium to go with my blue, a cy...i dont remember its full name but carry has one and I had to have one so now I do, and a red polyp something or other...god I can't believe I forgot...I have been on the road for a really long time lol. Anyway, the last 2 are medium flow/medium light guys. They are encrusting as well. I'll talk more about them when I am atleast slightly rested tomorrow after work.

OH, I hadn't mentioned that I have been trying to figure out why my blue symphodium has been closed up recently. I got home and right there was the answer...nudibranch! Same kind that was nawing on my other one in the 36. He now lives in the refugium. Very glad I caught it before the new symphodium goes in. Which btw, I caught a mistake at the store, they had it labeled as a red star polyp. I corrected them, I was buying it anyway since I knew what it was, and they gave me 10 bucks off. Awesome.

Oooh, I love house of Tropicals! The huge 8 or 10 foot frag tank/reef is stunning

I did like their frag tank. Water flowing into lower tanks is really neat.
Anyway, after more maintenance i should be in good shape now...until i had a brown out 15 minutes ago. Surge protecters only do so much...my korallia 1050 FRIED. So, tomorrow is either order a new one or buy another marineland from my lfs...only have net on my phone so well hope that my router isnt fried as well.

Things actually are going well. After 20 minutes, for whatever reason, the 1050 booted up. It was running in reverse. Even though I was hesitant to unplug it, I did and it is now running in the correct direction.

I also realized I haven't done any updates since my trip last week. I'll get on taking pics and such of my new additions. I might be as excited to show off my meteor showers as I was when I bought them, put them in the tank, and learned that both were Cyphastrea rather than just 1.

Well that's good. My pump runs backwards a log too, I'm too lazy to fix the bumper thing inside it. Can't wait to see some pics!

img_2001141_0_a9bcf43549fd96aa6d895f7926b06a42.jpg

img_2001141_1_93fcb41416cf66498037124cab9ef486.jpg

img_2001141_2_83f74424e195b4b70dbec184400dcefb.jpg

img_2001141_3_c4dfb97bdb79d0bec50299cc48a639ab.jpg

img_2001141_4_229fd774032c441e583ad2bd2e9f83f5.jpg

img_2001141_5_3612070245a92498f4706fd3db4d8b41.jpg

img_2001141_6_65695349602e49eb59ebb3c76ac46c48.jpg

Ok, so even though the new red guy has done great since the addition, my blue symphodium still isn't doing very well. Still very limited polyp extension...if any. I went to look at it today and guess who I saw crawling up the glass out of my return pipe...that stupid nudibranch again. ARGH. He is now in my FOWLR system. Either way, don't believe he is the culprit. I switched the blue and my meteor shower places to see if a different flow/lighting will help things out.

What else to report...I posted a threat about my pink damicornis. Some of the polyps aren't extending and are black. It has me stumped since it is doing well with slowly regaining color and great polyp extension.

Sorry Sniper, man you've had some horrible luck.
Odd for a clown to jump...
Saw your thread on the pink one too, just don't know either...
Wishing you some good luck, and hope you can figure out what's going on with it. :)

I know it is very odd for a clown to do...makes it worse that he JUST missed my sump by about 2 inches. Thoughts on taking the clown from my 36 and into the 55 to see if they'd pair up? They are both occy.

What is going on in the 55 you say? Well, I siliconed my pump onto my tubing today as my knee was finally feeling up to it.

That WOULD have been my only update...but my local reefer pal said we had to make an order. Who am I to argue? Rose bubble tip and gold maxima clam coming my way from saltwaterfish.com!

Sorry man, that stinks. That order sounds amazing!!! I can't wait to see them, I was going to add a clam to my tank too. How's the algae going?

Got the dual reactor online! GFO and active carbon going. Simply siliconing the tube into the pump worked! There is a minor leak in the silicon...but it'll always be under water so I don't care.

It's all good. But thanks. Been wondering where you'd been bear, you always respond to my posts. Anyway...I'll say it is in honor of your return, but here are my 2 new guys in acclimation. One rose bta and a gold maxima clam. Digging a piece of LR for the clam out of my 36 as we speak.
img_2013624_0_b686950dabcff80ad77c01c99e3a7c1d.jpg

They put them in the same bag? That's kinda risky, nonetheless, great buys! Can't wait to see this clam! You have a decent amount of sps, be careful with them and the nem.

They came in seperatw bags. I was eusjed to acclimate since i was going to murrysville. They only ended up in there for 10 min and did great at adjusting to the tank. The clam needs to set his foot though, picked him off of his side in the sand twice. I gave him a nice rock. The nem was under an overhang where i left him away from corals. He was put there on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom