Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
img_2107694_0_51d85fd938c729967e65c68762b5fffe.jpg

img_2107694_1_ef2c21da17d8a599ed5606638ddd014d.jpg

I'd like a B&W clown. And a flowerpot... They are so pretty! How is the flower pot doing with the clown pestering it?

Thats too bad about the clown wanting to host the flowerpot. I had a similar problem when my be clown was trying to host my bubble coral. But my husband solved that problem when he accidentally dropped a rock on my bubble coral and killed it. :(

So, sitting here after the Packer game and the Steeler game is going...I just hear a rush of water. My skimmer went nuts! Overflowed the collection bucket. Guess the thing is finally tuned in! Fixed and hopefully can get a dryer skim now.

Sniperhank said:
So, sitting here after the Packer game and the Steeler game is going...I just hear a rush of water. My skimmer went nuts! Overflowed the collection bucket. Guess the thing is finally tuned in! Fixed and hopefully can get a dryer skim now.

Did you put anything new into the tank? You might have had oily hands at some point and it messed with the water tension, epoxy is known to do that also.

Well, woke up today to my display close to overflowing! Cut the return and looked into the issue. Zoe was so upset, she had to go out so bad! I took apart and cleaned the CPR overflow. Didn't fix the issue. Took a paperclip and cleaned out the air siphon for the aqualifter pump. Also didn't fix the issue. I sad down and pondered and siphon returned to the overflow and off it went. Mindboggling, but thinking it was something lodged in the siphon. Crisis averted. Either way, while I'm at work I'm not giving the ATO any water. This will ensure that if it happens again while I'm at work it won't overflow, since my street math allows my sump to dump the water into the display without issues...besides burning out the pumps.

So, where are we today. I've been busy with work and was real sick for about a week, so there hasn't been a water change this month. Tank is still going strong.

I've been considering how many pods I have in my tank and if I need to order more. I started holding off as I hadn't seen the mandarin in awhile. Then yesterday he showed himself, still a fattie.

Then, while at work yesterday I started researching into my SPS. More specifically, the ORA ones. I have been worrying about my pink stylophora and its coloring, but it turns out that that is normal. I was worried over nothing. That and they say it is a slow grower, doesn't seem that way to me!

While I was there, I decided that there are corals that I have to get my hands on at some point. They are as follows:
- kelly green psammocora
- supernatural capricornis
- ethereal acro
- purple plasma acro
- red planet acro
- solitaryensis acro
- turquoise stag
- elkhorn montipora
- german blue polyp monti

I can help you out with some of that :D

My purple plasma has changed it's colors sooo much. If you put it in Low light it turns green all over, if it's up top it gets white and purple. Because of all the changes to my tank both frags are a bit brown though.

So, I had to do some shopping and get my dog groomed...so I was trapped in the pet store again...
Here is the smallest blue tang I have ever seen!
img_2129800_0_f51dec5078077edc9af8814ffe1bd442.jpg

And here is what I came home with
img_2129800_1_557a34b972f10671cdf6e7e36cdfc78d.jpg

img_2129800_2_45b755211b80a6c499fd2c48ac8a348a.jpg

img_2129800_3_f92c9cbb3cc386151ba299cd91fcf33f.jpg

img_2129800_4_b28d7049020e758db6c688d34a10e7e5.jpg

Arrow crabs are kinda cute when they're smaller. I was actually gonna get one too. Then I saw a really big one, and read that they're able to kill invertebrates and small fish. So I didn't get one. Cool buy, though!!

So things have continued to do well. I didn't even realize how much my bird's nest frag had grown. I moved it down a level to try to get it to color up. I made another order of pods from reefs2go last night. Added onto it the red planet acro that is on my list of things I want, along with a couple snails and a duster.

Wow, I'm gonna be jealous of that red planet, I've been wanting one for a while! Make sure you take pics! I love to see the changes in that coral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom