So I Get up this morning and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TwoHobbies

Aquarium Advice Freak
First post from me..
I get to my fish tank and on the floor is a ghost shrimp! Did he really climb up the heater - down the cord and fall on the floor or do you think he was picked out of the tank with some help? I've had this tank set up 4 months and this is my first suicide-AL

I have never had any gs climb out of my tank, but its not impossible. I did see them swim to the top of the tank occasionally. And its possible yours did this and latched onto something up there and climbed out. I had an amano shrimp disappear once. I was sure it climbed out when I got a replacement and I saw it had climbed almost completely out of the water.

Also welcome to AA :D :wave:

ghost shrimp are known to be a bit suicidal. I have found them on top of the glass lid, baked under my compact flourescents.

I bought one for like 10cents from walmart. I put him in my tank a few months ago and didnt see him since.....god only know lol.

I see mine swimming all over the tank (its only 12" high). They sit on the plants leaves from the bottom to the top. I've noticed them on the heater before-its quite funny when the heater turns on and they shot off, but I can't believe they would just climb out of the water. AL

ghost shrimp are known to be a bit suicidal. I have found them on top of the glass lid, baked under my compact flourescents.

^ Truth ^

Most of the time they don't climb out. The get to the surface, try to swim down and are met with a fish mouth, they snap back instinctively and shoot right out of the tank. I used to watch mine stick themselves on the glasstop and fall back in as the water that was holding them there dried up. (I so need a life)

Back
Top Bottom