sohal tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atomicbiscut

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
been awhile from my last post. my 46 gallon is doing great thanks to the advice i have recieved form this site.

anyway...my buddy wants to get rid of his 180.i have been doin a HUGE amount of research for the past 2 weeks reading everything i can about the sohal tang and all my questions have been answered from my research except for one.

some books/sites say they are only tang aggresive,some say all fish aggressive. my question is do u think it would be more peacful with larger fish like triggers,groupers,and such or just have him with clowns,chromis,royal gramma,and little fish who wont compete with him for his food? any advice would be great.

i ask because as i was reading it seemed people were having trouble with other bigger fish. no1 ever said they had a problem with it attacking 1 of there smaller reef fishes and i was wondering if its becasue they dont care about the samller fish or they dont attack them.

im fine having a 180 with just a sohal and some small reef fishes and sum inverts. just would like to know this. thx.

He should be the last one put in the tank. Add your other fish and let them establish hiding places and territories, then you can safely add the tang.

I would think you would be fine adding him last! They can be aggressive, I noticed you said with fish who don't compete for food, believe me, he will compete and will win competition for food in that tank! But no worries, should be ok!

Back
Top Bottom