Solo Fish? Baby Whale Mabey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Freak

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm buying yet another tank here pretty quick. Its a 33g and I want to put a "rarer" or cool fish that do better Solo. I'm thinkinh a baby whale do to there size and the information on the web about them. I'm finding different Max.Sizes though :? some sites are saying 4" and others are saying 8". If they max out at 4" that will be good but 8" is to big for a 33g. What are your experiences with these fish? Also any other cool fish suggestions for a lone fish tank would be great!
Aquarium Freak

P.S DONT SAY A BETTA!!! Waste of a tank IMO :lol:

a baby WHALE????????? your kidding right?
what fish are you talking about...because when you say whale I think orca whale, humpback whale....????????????????

WaterPond said:
and FIY... orcas are not whales, they are dolphins...
I disagree, I have done extensive resurch on them and still disagree. just...no, I did like 15 page paper on them once....I wish I still had it.... (not saying that you are wrong, because you may be right, I just disagree :wink: )

I found this website with info on these fish. I have no experience with these fish at all. I would recommend pm'ing Toirtis as he has extensive knowledge on several unusual fish. He may or may not know anything about these fish. Also ask you aquarium president why he said to avoid these fish. He may know something specific.

Off topic and somewhat irrelevant....an orca is one of the largest members of the Delphinidae (dolphin) family technically. Most people consider them orca whales. A quick search turned up this information on several sites. http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Is+an+Orca+a+dolphin?&btnG=Search&meta=

blazeyreef said:
WaterPond said:
and FIY... orcas are not whales, they are dolphins...
I disagree, I have done extensive resurch on them and still disagree. just...no, I did like 15 page paper on them once....I wish I still had it.... (not saying that you are wrong, because you may be right, I just disagree :wink: )

i think waterponds right, orcas are dolphins

even if the fish peaks at 4", a 33g doesn't provide that much swimming space, sure it has a tank much larger than itself, but thats not always enough, especially for more active fish

since everyone else is trying to decide if the orca is a whale or shark, I'll answer your question lol go for the baby whale, they don't get big enough to out grow a 33 gallon, but a 55 would defintaly be better in the future :)

Yeah, I admit this was my first thought when I read "Baby Whale":
img_889820_0_79453b16f19981e06d462f129970969c.jpg

wow that picture made me laugh out loud, very loud infact i just got a shoe thrown at me from the sleeping person behind me. as for orca its dolphin. We have to many aquariums and sealife shows around us, i know : )
As for the fish. Id get something else or a bigger tank the link u provided said they can get up to 8inchs. read farther down on the page..

Back
Top Bottom