solutions for bacterial or parasite (internal)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shayfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a few german rams that I think have either an internal bacteria or parasite infection going on. I started dosing melafix/pimafix 3 days ago.

Any recommendations?

Also, one of my rams in another tank has a small red spot near her mouth. It looks like a big red pimple. I'm not sure what to make of this...

What are the symptoms of the GBR's? What are your parameters and water schedule? There are many different treatments available, depending on symptoms.

I forgot to mention that I think it may not be completely impossible that this is wasting disease. The fish are pale and listless... at first I noticed rapid breathing, but that it not as noticeable now. They mostly just sit around on the bottom, unless it's feeding time... they are still eating but one in particular is losing her nice round belly quite quickly.

Params are 0-0-20, 50% pwc weekly.

I had a cardinal tetra with neon tetra disease pass away in that tank, but it was several weeks ago. I thought I was past the point where other fish could have caught it... but I also had no idea if rams could be affected by it, and none of the other cardinals, danios or neons were.

It may very well be. If they are still eating I would try a geltek medication for internal parasites. You can soak either pellets or flake in the geltek medication and feed to the fish. I'd also do an extra small pwc a week. Your parameters are good, extra water changes never hurt and could only help. Good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom