Some people are just so stupid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bambinojake

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i was browsing the web today, and i saw this
image-4228451433.jpg
Really people? Really?
Sorry if this comes out wierd... The app is sucky...

Better than going into the stir fry I guess.

I will add that I've put fish in time out before.... although they need to go to a separate tank for a day or 2

In theory it's not a bad idea if there's holes in the cup to ensure what can pass through preventing ammonia build up...that and dependent on the size of the fish...and the fact that 'time out' isn't exactly going to make the fish think "Oh boy I better behave now or I'll go back in the naughty cup"...alright it's a stupid idea.

Time out is a common practice with aggressive cichlids. Take them out for a day and put them back in. It makes them feel like the new guppy in the tank rather than the shark they used to think they were. It's the same reason you stock the most aggressive fish last in a tank.

Can't be as bad as the girl I work with, decided to buy a random tank with no knowledge of fish, no filter and heater and stock the tiny tank with 2 Malawi cichlids....

.... and then decided to buy a clown fish for the same tank..

Really... I just about died when I heard that. I tried giving her advice on it but she didn't care to listen. Hope the fish dies quickly for minimal suffering..

That tank looks pretty tiny for those fish. Could just be the picture. Anyway, I don't think timeout is going to work for the dwarf gourami.

Can't be as bad as the girl I work with, decided to buy a random tank with no knowledge of fish, no filter and heater and stock the tiny tank with 2 Malawi cichlids....

.... and then decided to buy a clown fish for the same tank..

Really... I just about died when I heard that. I tried giving her advice on it but she didn't care to listen. Hope the fish dies quickly for minimal suffering..

Amazing how ignorant some people can be.

Maybe the guy was just being funny. I am willing to bet the fish was being aggressive and he put it in the cup until he could take it back. I have done the same thing.

And this came from an App maybe the guy who posted the pic made the whole thing up.

Back
Top Bottom