some sort of snail that lives on another snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blondek727

Aquarium Advice Activist
idk what kinda snail it is but is never leaves this other snails shell ones in a while ill see it poke its little mouth and eyes out but idk what it is from what iv seen on the net i think it might be a limpet but idk

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 101
thats a safe bet, it looks like one but alot of snail have similar shells but, id say that if it it never leaves the other dnail then it qualifies id remove it. better to be safe than sorry

How long has it been there? I have seen snails clean other snails for a few days.

I heard of a snail that latches onto others and drills a hole in the other snails shell to eat them not sure if this is happening but you should know it is out there

The snail has been there from day one I'd say 4 months for the longest time I thought that it was part of the other snail like just the way that it's shell was but then I saw a little black mouth come out a eat some alge off the rock that the host snail was on I don't think it means harm it's just kinda odd I think

Back
Top Bottom