Someone with a AquaClear Powerfilters 30 (150)...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cee219

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can you measure it for me and tell me how big across it is?

My Penguin mini filter totally crapped out... I've been trying for a few days and can't get it to work again (there's no fish in this tank, just plants)

I'm wanting to see if I can fit it in a slot for my 10 gallon aquarium, I'm having Dwarf Puffers and thinking about overfiltering.... otherwise I'll just go down the next step.

(I know I know, I'll still do weekly water changes for them regardless :p)

Thanks!

If your doing a low light, no CO2 tank you can go without a filter as long as it's heavily planted and not overstocked (understocked is even better).

If your doing a low light, no CO2 tank you can go without a filter as long as it's heavily planted and not overstocked (understocked is even better).

It doesn't have to be low light and non CO2 to go without a filter. None of my aquariums have a filter and 3 of the 4 are definately high light with CO2 injection. The key is to plant heavily and stock lightly.

So far I'm still using HOB filters for mechanical filtration and water movement. I don't have a tank that's lightly stocked with fish. My native tank needs lots of water movement so I might use a small PH with a sponge filter attached. I am planning on setting a 10 as a natural tank with no filtration at some point.

Back
Top Bottom