Something in my brain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canyon15

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a open brain coral for 4 months now. I noticed a hole appear in it awhile (3 months) ago but noticed nothing at the time. I looked at it tonight and there is a creature in the hole! I could not get a clear pic of it but here is the best description I can give. It looks like the creature from Star Wars that was in the sand and people were thrown into. It has 2 orange hooks that it seems to be feeding itself with and I can make out a trace of a mouth which is white in color. It is about an 16th of an inch in diameter. My coral seems not to be effected. Any ideas?

Are the worms in the skeleton or the fleshy part of the brain? I've heard of symbiotic worms that live in the skeleton of the coral, but never in the fleshy part.

Hey canyon, are the worms you were seeing look sorta like dark bristleworms? Last night, I saw one in my brain too, but I never see it during the day.

It has never come out anytime I have been watching. I have never seen a bristle worm with a mouth on it like this.

Back
Top Bottom