South American Biotope..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevinM

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so I have some what of a idea for stocking my 75 gallon.

Im thinking a South American Biotope

Rummynose Tetras
Congo tetras
Anableps for a top water fish
Filigree Bloodfin Tetras
maybe a pair of Blue Angelfish.
Oil Cats
Banjo Cats.
If there is room or Need a filler fish some Hatchets

For the cats 2 of each I think, Tetras, at least 6, maybe even 12. The Anableps Ive read 2 or 3 work.

Like a huge Schooling tank of smallish fish with a few center pieces.
Plant wise I haven't even gotten that far yet, but I know planted aquariums have biotope sections on the website.

Congos are native to Africa. If you're going to do angels, you may want to avoid the torpedo-shaped tetras. Adult angels can fit the younger ones into their mouths.

First a few problems: like PNWaquarist said, Congos are an African sp. Also, the Anableps are a brackish fish, so I doubt they would last too long in a FW.

I too am planning a SA tank, and am probably going to have at least some of the same fish. For the rummynose, I would highly reccomend going no lower than 10, as when in big numbers they get really cool. Instead of the anableps, I'd go with hatchets for the top, as long as you have a hood. They are the only fish that actually flies, with is pretty cool. Also you could try a dwarf cichlid, like rams or an apisto sp.

I wouldn't go with the banjo cats because mine personally have a hard time competing for food

Here's a stock example, 4-5 geophagus sp. red head Tapajos, 20+ lemon tetras, 3 leopard frog plecos and a few apistogramma agassizii, this is a Rio Tapajos biotope for a 75 that I've had in the works for a bit.

Here's a stock example, 4-5 geophagus sp. red head Tapajos, 20+ lemon tetras, 3 leopard frog plecos and a few apistogramma agassizii, this is a Rio Tapajos biotope for a 75 that I've had in the works for a bit.

Geez... take out a small loan for that stock;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Geez... take out a small loan for that stock;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol I have 3 local clubs full of breeders on hand so this is what I have as far as prices when I have room for a 75
Geophagus 50.00
Tetras 40.00
Apistos 20.00
Plecos always expensive :confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom