Spot on cory fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coel

Aquarium Advice Freak
So there is a white spot, see picture, on my Cory it's not like ick or anything and looks vaguely bulb shaped... Please help

Attachments

• image-1702859876.jpg
    image-1702859876.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 106
Is it on his fin closest to me on the picture?

A spot or a growth? Can you tell when looking at him?

Your Corydoras

So there is a white spot, see picture, on my Cory it's not like ick or anything and looks vaguely bulb shaped... Please help

Hello Coel...

If your Cory is active and eating well, then I wouldn't worry about this. Just keep the water extremely clean. I change out half the tank water every week and feed a little variety of frozen food.

I feed my Corys a little frozen brine or mysis shrimp, bloodworms, krill and plankton. Just a bit, though. They don't need much. The real (no additives) food is very nourishing. Feed a tiny bit of minced garlic every few days too. It's very high in vitamins and is a natural antibotic.

B

It's on his dorsal fin and they are active and eating my nitrates have been spiking but I got them to 40ish today my tap water got high. I feed flake and sinking pellets and brine shrimp now and then

... You should really try to get those trates under 20. I'm not saying that could be the cause of this mysterious spot, but 40ish is kind of high.

As long as he's eating and acting ok, and your parameters are under control, I think he'll be ok.
If it is something, clean water will help :)

Your Corydoras

It's on his dorsal fin and they are active and eating my nitrates have been spiking but I got them to 40ish today my tap water got high. I feed flake and sinking pellets and brine shrimp now and then

Hello again Coel...

Nitrates are in most public water supplies and aquarium fish will adapt. Public water can contain up to 40 ppm, so your fish will be fine. Just remove and replace half the water in the tank every week. This way there will be no time for toxins to build in the water before the next large change.

Keep the water clean, just feed your fish a little, get some good stem plants into the water, like Anacharis and Pennywort. These can be floated and are fast nutrient users.

B

Back
Top Bottom