Spots on Pearl gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikid88

Aquarium Advice Freak
There are peach colour spots around his mouth and the top of his head.
I'm treating my other tank for ich, but this doesn't look similar to grains of salt.

None of the other fish in the Pearls tank look or act unhealthy. He just hangs out in his cave, and eats very selectively. Only the beige coloured flakes of food, none of the red brown or yellow, brine shirmp or blood worms.

What are these spots? Is any of this related?

Hi! Can you possibily get some pics? Do they look fuzzy or raised or just different colors? Is this fish or any other fish new? How are your water parameters (amm/nitrite/nitrate/ph)? Some more information/pics would help out here!

No, I don't have a camera unfortunatly, only my phone which doesn't have much clarity to the shots.

amm 0
nitrite 0
trate 10
ph 7.8
No worries on that front

They just look different in colour, may even be missing scales?

You have a healthy tank so i would just keep an eye on him. It is possible it could be missing scales or scales that were missing & grew back in a different color. Hopefully, its nothing serious but if anything changes, let us know!

Ok well The Gold Gourami in the 90g kind of looks like he's developing these spots too around his mouth? I'm currently treating that tank for ich with salt and heat and water changes. He still eats, just moves slow with his fins clamped.

Also, would ich show up on a shell of a snail? Like a Golden rabbit snail with a big cone shaped brown shell? There's little white specs on it, but he is in the ich free tank with the Pearl Gourami

To the best of my knowledge, i dont believe inverts/snails can get ich but i may be wrong. Hopefully, someone can clarify this! Its difficult to say what is going with your fish in respect to these 'spots' without seeing them. Salt (which you are already doing) seems to be having no effect. Just a guess here, but maybe its a bacterial infection? Hopefully, someone has a better idea!

I just (accidently) came across a bit of info that may be of help with your mystery spots- they may possibily be related to a vitamin/mineral deficiency. Adding liquid fish vitamins is worth a try!

Back
Top Bottom