Sps id?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just put this coral in my tank and it was growing really fast at my LFS. My manager couldn't put remember the exact name though. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391994241.720355.jpg

Looks like a digitata but I may be wrong. I'm new to sps.

What's the best way to remove it from the frag plug and glue it to the rock? Would I have to cut it off?

Cool, thanks! It's pretty big already and I think I'm gonna frag it. Got this piece for 14$!

Nice good deal! Plenty of light and flow and that sucker will take off

One last question lol if I glue the piece to my rock, eventually it will encrust over my rock. Now, if I want to frag it I'd have to snap the colony from the encrusted part. Can I just re-glue the colony back over the encrusted part on my rock when I'm done?

Birdsnest doesn't really encrust. Mine did kinda but my other 2 birdsnest did not. Heck when I frag mine I just break it straight off the main colony but it usually doesn't encrust

Kind of looks like it did on the frag plug, or at least laid down it's base.

Just so I know for any other encrusting coral that I can just break off the colony to frag and then glue it back where I broke it off on the encrusted part?

I'm voting stylo. I don't think it's a birdsnest. Like bribo said, I don't believe they encrust/attach to anything.

Hmm it could be. The polyps look like either lol but the encrusting doesn't fit birdsnest. Do you have a pic of it fully open?

I originally thought stylophora but the pictures I found looked like really thick branches. Here is it opened up. Sorry the color isn't too great, I don't have blues but my LEDs are coming in this week. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392069041.230564.jpg

Back
Top Bottom