Starting 75gal help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I tested my water before I am going to do a water change and this is what I got!!

image-2811758842.jpg

I am assuming that I dosed it WAY to high with ammonia the last time and my BB couldn't jangle it fast enough. I hope this water change will fix everything and I'll just put a little ammonia in until the fish arrive.

Prepare for extras in case they do you like they did me.. i ordered 19 and got 27 but i must say im very happy with what i got and thats about the same price i paid

The lady did say that after any extras any DOA would be refunded. So I am assuming that I will be getting a few extra. Hopefully it won't be too much for my tank. I could always sell a few off.

Yea
I had no doas plus they included a bag of food.. its not the best food i have seen but its free and its by far not the worst i feed it to my angels and cories instead of my cichlids though .. :) oh n they shipped in one of those styrofoam ice chest and it has came in handy after it was cleaned up..

So the fish are here!! However they were supposed to come Saturday. The water parameters are not perfect right now so they will have to wait a bit. Here are the results below.

image-312172846.jpg

I did almost a 100% water change I think 3 days ago but it looks like I will have to do another to get it perfect for the new guys. Any thoughts on making this transition smoother along with any advice at all????

I cant really read your levels but i think a pwc then acclimate them check the levels again in the morning and go from there .. i have never had levels that high mine usually are perfect

I cant really read your levels but i think a pwc then acclimate them check the levels again in the morning and go from there .. i have never had levels that high mine usually are perfect

Both nitrite and nitrates are really high. Ammonia is 0 which means my bb is doing work. So I'll do a huge water change and get the water the right temp. Then acclimate the little guys!!!

This is the food I have right now for them. Should i get any others or are any of these bad? What type of feeding schedule should I do. With my other tank I only feed once a day.
Left to right.
Cichlid pellets by Aqueon
New Life Spectrum cichlid formula
Cichlid gold by hikari
Micro pellets by hikari (not specific to cichlids.)

image-1791126009.jpg

This is the food I have right now for them. Should i get any others or are any of these bad? What type of feeding schedule should I do. With my other tank I only feed once a day.
Left to right.
Cichlid pellets by Aqueon
New Life Spectrum cichlid formula
Cichlid gold by hikari
Micro pellets by hikari (not specific to cichlids.)

I know hikari is good i use 2 of their cichlid pellets ..i use the cichlid excel and bio gold i also have the micro pellets i feed to my bettas and angels (quarter sized )
New life spectrum is supposed to be good alot of people swear by it i havent tried it yet..
Dont know about the aqueon but you will be able to tell if your fish like them or not i just gave away some cobalt pellets bc fish would spit them back out. Guy that got them said his fish did the same thing

I feed mine once a day usually but since its summer and my tank stays around 80°F -82°F i know they are more active and work up a appetite so i feed 2 small amounts once in the morning and then later in the evening i try and fast them about 2 times a month but others do once a week some dont do it at all ..

All the fish are in!!! And they look healthy and happy. I have tried to feed and it looks like the pellets are too big for some of them. The micro hikari food not specific to cichlids can be eaten by all. Who knows!

image-292184503.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom