Starting a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That kitten is adorable. Too bad kittens cause cancer. At least according to california. Anyways, thats going to be a HUGE stand. What size is the tank?

Yup. Half her face is a perfect tabby. Even if she does cause cancer, she's cute enough to be worth it. That's just the tank. I'm trying a plywood build. The stand is taller xD its a 200 gallon tank. I'm probably just going to stain it a cherry stain, something kind of red.

That kitten is adorable. Too bad kittens cause cancer. At least according to california. Anyways, thats going to be a HUGE stand. What size is the tank?

I think everything causes cancer in California, maybe Texas ain't so bad after all.... <grin>

Kittens causing cancer? whats this about? who came up with that stupid idea?

Kittens causing cancer? whats this about? who came up with that stupid idea?

Someone in California xD

img_1010429_0_9dabdcf5d4d42499808467794c7913c9.jpg

Looking good. :F It's just a skeleton of the stand right now, but after a weekend of effort, we wanted to get a glimpse of what it would look like, and I wanted a nap. I really should just suck it up and go make a DIY thread xD

Yeah i know i was just kidding with you :p Astronomy is amazing. Hes just being a hypocrite then xD But honestly, even the smallest things that go on in a SW tank are amazing. Like watching inverts sprawl away. Especially gobies that live in the sand. The pop their heads in and out and like drag food into their burrows. So its awesome IMO. Everything about SW is.

I think we can all relate to this! I sit and just stare and stare at the tank and thats when the woman starts to say that she has lost me to my tank. It is amazing and it is really better than TV. Its like having the Discovery Channel underwater shows in your house. I love it.

:bowl:

so are you going to have cabinet doors and such? and please do make a new thread. people are looking for a thread about a 10 gallon, not a thread about a 150-200 gallon tank lol! But seriously, start a new one. I am hoping for another reef build thread like neilanh's or ziggy's, think about it, you could be the new cool build thread!

haha. The last few pages have been fairly off topic xD I shall go make a new thread. Just for you. :]

Upgrade for this thread! Snails have done a killer job with the diatoms. Unfortunately they're being replaced with something new. :( It looks exactly like the diatoms only red and BRIGHT green. I think it's a coralline from what I can tell.

img_1011865_0_0d3b86ecad9d76ee6189c4f0325a5e99.jpg

Everything else is fine and stable, the algae is just driving me nuts. I can't get rid of it. My substrate is far from white now. :(

The bubblely red stuff might be cyano. Try rubbing it of, if it rubs off it's not coralline.

but isnt it highly spreadable? the cyano if you rub it or scrtch at it and even a tiny peice gets somewhere else it can spread. kinda like a weed

fishmonkey (this relates to the previous page; I'm a little slow),

Not sure what tank you are looking at; it looks a little under 10g to me.

with a few extra 000000's
Flake; don't get too comfortable; you may find you have to share it with the fish some day

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom