Starting a Basic 10 Gallon SW tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nottoday

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have experience with FW fish and currently have a 55 gallon cichlid tank.

I have an empty 10 gallon tank that I used for FW, but I am interested in converting it to SW. I have HOB filter rated for 20 gallons as well as a heater. My lights are just normal fluorescents.

If I wanted to start a very basic 10 gallon SW tank with JUST FISH (maybe a clownfish or 2) what equipment can I used from the 10 gallon FW tank? Also, what else would I need to get started?

Im sorry i cannot help you. But i am going to have an open 20 gal soon and was thinking of doing this also and would like to follow this thread! Hopefully you get the answers you need!

For a fowlr( fish only with live rock), you can use your HOB filter, heater and lights. All you would need to buy is a powerhead and then live sand and live rock! If you want coral, you will have to upgrade your lights. Hope this helps

I have an empty 10 gallon tank that I used for FW, but I am interested in converting it to SW. I have HOB filter rated for 20 gallons as well as a heater. My lights are just normal fluorescents.

If I wanted to start a very basic 10 gallon SW tank with JUST FISH (maybe a clownfish or 2) what equipment can I used from the 10 gallon FW tank? Also, what else would I need to get started?

10 gallon will be to small for most fish (including clowns). That's all I can help with.

This may help.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f101/10-gallon-saltwater-reef-240056.html

Lighting, of no corals then lighting doesn't have to be expensive or fancy.

Your need a power heads for water movement.

You can use a HOB type filter like a Aqua Clear 70 or even a 110.

Heater

Refractometer to measure your salinity

Saltwater test kit

Salt

Any other questions just shoot

So, I need a PH even on a 10 gallon? The HOB wont give enough water movement?

Back
Top Bottom