starting a fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ammo 1.0
nitrites .50
ph 6.6 :((
I cant do a water change I have to go to work..will it be okay till I get home?

No problem! It will have to wait until you get home! I def think you will benefit from some cr coral when you are able to get some- your ph shouldnt be crashing this quickly.

I didnt dose the ammo either..i probably should have. im going to get some cc on my lunch break hopefully petland carries it. I dont see why they wouldnt.

Thanks fine that you didnt dose amm! Your bb can actually go a few days with no amm (some say as long as a week). By not dosing, it will hopefully keep your ph where it is right now. The nitrifiying bacteria use the buffers in your water during the conversion process- with low level of amm in your tank, there will be less conversion happening & fewer buffers used.

I called "the aquarium" a small local marine shop and they have crushed coral. so I sent my mom there to pick up 15 lb bag. so ill set it in tonight!

Just make sure you do a water change first. We want your ph in its normal range & the cr coral will help keep it there. It will be a bit of tril & error to figure out the correct amount because we are aiming for stability (vs raising your ph). :)

lucky everything stayed where it was. I also got caribsea geomarine aragonite fromula florida crushed coral. now my ph sits at 7.0 im fine with that cause thats what my 55 gal sits at

okay!:) I dosed my ammo to 4.0
nitrites 1.0
ph 7.6 it actually raised cause I did a 30% water change to clear the water. so thats good.

ammo 0
nitrites 1.0
ph 6.8 or 7.0 there color is really close...water change?? more crushed coral?

okay I just got it to 7.5 added more cc. I cant get anymore in my filter..lol. how much should I dose? 2.0 or 4.0?

Back
Top Bottom