starting a fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You dosed it to 4 yesterday & it dropped to zero today, correct? If so, lets drop it back to 2 just for tonight to see if your ph stays stable with less conversion happening. Then we return to regular dosing tommorrow if all is well. :)

okay! quick question.. why have my nitrites stayed at 1.0? what does it mean?

What I suspect is your ph drop slowed down the conversion to a degree. Once we get this stable, things should recover fairly quickly. Dont worry! :)

okay so i think i finally got my ph stable at 7.5. it was 7.5 last night. and 7.5 tonight.
ammo 0
nitrites 1.0
ph 7.5

Your numbers look very promising!!! Def start checking your nitrate levels. Make sure you know what your taps nitrate is so you have basis for comparison. And redose your amm up to 4pmm if you havent done so already. :)

Hmm...bit odd but not to worry! Lets just keep dosing your amm & watch for everything to zero out (which i think is right around the corner). Thats the primary concern for right now. :)

ahh freaking sweet.. ill probably test my nitrates again just to be sure.

question. is okay to put plants in during cycling & the temp up to 86?? there mainly swords

question. is okay to put plants in during cycling & the temp up to 86?? there mainly swords

Your fine to plant while cycling & it may even help things along! Dont worry about trimming or cutting them right now. If theres any dead leaves, you can remove them. Otherwise, just let them be to establish themselves. Root tabs will help them alot! :)

Back
Top Bottom