Starting all over now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. Limpet said:
Yes, the pickup tube can be slid to the side to reduce the flow into the filter which does work, but I prefer the full flow so I'm turning over as mush water as the filter is capable of. I just figure if the intent is to reduce the flow at the get go, why not just get a smaller one to fit in the first place.

Plus with 2 filters running I'm cycling twice as much water thru filter media which helps keep my water clearer and if I want to service one (clean out the tub/tube/etc), I can remove it and still have filtration running on my tank. The other bonus of 2 filters is, if one goes down at an inopportune time, I still have some filtering capacity till I can get to the LFS and replace parts or the whole filter if need be (although AC's are pretty bullet proof and never had one fail outright).

Cool! Maybe an AC 50 and an AC 30... And I can put the AC 30 on the QT when I need it?

Cool! Maybe an AC 50 and an AC 30... And I can put the AC 30 on the QT when I need it?

Or a pair of 50's so you're only buying one size of everything (parts, media, etc). I'm big on over filtration and even the best companies (Hagen, Eheim to name a couple) over rate their products capabilities. The 50 is actually a 20-50 gallon filter which to me means that it's built for a 30-35g tank. So by that calculation you'd be doubling the 30g tanks filtration which is perfect IMO.

As far as price, the AC50 is listed on Amazon.com for $2 (?) more than the 30, so cost wise there's no difference.

Amazon.com: Hagen AquaClear Power Filter 50 (200): Kitchen & Dining

Amazon.com: Hagen AquaClear Power Filter 30 (150): Kitchen & Dining

thanks! that's in my 10 gallon my 5 gallon will have 1-betta 4-ghost shrimp 2-mystery snails after i cycle

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom