Starting my 55 Gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, ive owned a 20 gallon tank for about a year now and ive recently purchased a 55 gal tank that came with all of the necesitties. It's a Marine land 55 gallon with Penguin 350 bio-wheeels. I found a pet store that had 100's of fish tanks and i found a good amount of fish that i liked but not sure if they will all get along with each other. Im keeping this a community fish tank and want a good amount of different but compatiable fish. Here are the fish i want and PLEASE let me know if there are any red flags that pop up in your opionion. Hi, Fin Serpae, silver shark, gold red streak sevrum, orange von rio tetra, bosmani rainbow, emperor tetra, marble sailfin pleco, yoyo botia, upside synodontis, red onion snail, zebra botia, clown loach. Obviously i cant fit all of that in my tank but i just want to hear your opionions on those fish.

Hi, ive owned a 20 gallon tank for about a year now and ive recently purchased a 55 gal tank that came with all of the necesitties. It's a Marine land 55 gallon with Penguin 350 bio-wheeels. I found a pet store that had 100's of fish tanks and i found a good amount of fish that i liked but not sure if they will all get along with each other. Im keeping this a community fish tank and want a good amount of different but compatiable fish. Here are the fish i want and PLEASE let me know if there are any red flags that pop up in your opionion. Hi, Fin Serpae, silver shark, gold red streak sevrum, orange von rio tetra, bosmani rainbow, emperor tetra, marble sailfin pleco, yoyo botia, upside synodontis, red onion snail, zebra botia, clown loach. Obviously i cant fit all of that in my tank but i just want to hear your opionions on those fish.

Hi and welcome to AA! :wave::welcome: Glad you joined and I know you will enjoy.
What kind of upside down cat is it exactly. synodontis is just the term for cat fish (upside down).

Since you want a community tank, I would take out the Severum, and shark.
Most loaches will get too large for your tank. Clowns for example can reach 14". But you can keep yoyo's!
Serpae Tetras are also notorious for nipping fins. Sometimes large schools can help, but not always.

I would stock something like this:
7 Yoyo Loaches or 5 Zebra Loaches
3 Dwarf Upside Down Cats
13 Von Rio Tetras
13 Emperor Tetras
7 B. Rainbows
1 Pleco
10 Snails

Now, if you want a semi aqressive tank, you could do something like this:
(First, Severums and Bala Shraks get much too large. But if you like those fish you must want some semi agressive fish)

1 Red Tail Shark (there is some controversy wether this would be okay)
11 Tiger Barbs (really cool!!)
1 pleco
7 Serpae Tetras
7 Zebra Loaches

That is just from what I have read and researched for you for an hour or so. I have never kept these fish. Hopefully someone who has will help ;)

Good luck!!! When you start this tank, make a build thread :)

I brought home 8 serpaes after work one day. 7 of them were back at the store the next morning. The other died from having all of his fins shredded. I am no longer a fan of them.

Yeah ive done some research and it seems like all of what you guys said is true. Thank you for all the help and ill attempt to start posting pictures when i get some money going and able to start my tank up.

Back
Top Bottom