step 2, what next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

utahcutter

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok. so i have had my 80 gal. salt water tank up and running for nearly two months. for the last month it has been inhabited by a chromis damsel and a domino damsel. the domino is on his way out the door due to his aggressivness. i plan on getting some more chromis damsel, but what would be the next step up from the damsels. i started with them because they were cheap. what are some other fish that are good for beginners. for the time being my tank is going to be just fish, until i get more experienced with the SW system.

Are there any fish that strike your fancy? Fish that maybe you have seen in the store or in photos of others tanks that your interested in keeping.

Clowns are another heardy fish that can get agressive but usually are ok in a tank. Ideally you want only 1 clown or a pair of the same species.

A yellow tang? SOme other tangs are rather sensitive to water changes but yellow tangs are the most heardy of the tangs.

Dwarf angel fish? Coral beauty, flame angel?

A percula or ocellaris clown would be good. A bangaii cardinal would also be a good one. If you are willing to feed it, one of the lawnmower or sailfin blennies would make a good fish. I have one...he's so ugly you can't help but like him. Maybe an orchid dottyback? A royal gramma? Perhaps a 6 line wrasse?

Back
Top Bottom