Still have ich after a month?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I been treating neon tetras x3 in a 5 gallon quarantine at 30c with coppersafe for about a month now.

I still see a spot or two on my fish...Why? I do water changes with a 4 gallon bucket pre treated with coppersafe... I only recently lowered my temp by 2-3 degrees...

Can you post a pic? Are you sure it is ich and not something else? Have you been at 86 for the whole month?

Been at 86 for roughly about 3-4 weeks
it was definetly ich to begin with a month ago...i lost 2 tetras which was covered with it

Baby guppy is ich free..one tetra ich free. One has one dot and the other also has a dot

You never ever want to combine treatments with a temperature treatment for ich. Bad things can and usually do happen.

Agree with needing a pic

Also, are you sure your thermometer is accurate? Does the tank temp drop at night?

Temp been solid at 30c sometimes even 88 degrees for a month with coppersafe...same method i used for my main 29 gallon before incorporating a quarantine tank..My main tank was cured in 21 days..

From what ive read my ich should have been cured weeks ago with ich unable to properly reproduce at this temp combined with coppersafe.

pic might be hard as I can only find the spots with a flashlight...maybe i outa clean the glass since I have never done that yet

I have seen temp,fluctuate with chinese heater...but I recently changed the heater...I do live in hawaii not very cold here

Back
Top Bottom