Still no babies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok we'll as some of you may know I've had a pregnant molly for now 3 months and 3 days. Yes I know this is crazy. At first I didn't believe the fish was pregnant by now I can clearly see that she is squared off. Se is fatter than the other female that is not yet old enough to breed. Well I have has her separated. For about a week in a 1.5 gallon tank alone will a moss ball and plant scraps. I have a heater and filter in there as well. I just can't understand why she has not birthed yet. I don't want her to miscarriage because I know it could kill her as well. If anyone can help me please do. Any advice is appreciated.

Thats interesting. I would love to hear an answer becuse i also have a molly who is holding long overdue. Sorry that i cant help. Lets hope someone answers soon.

I've heard that live bearers can hold off dropping fry for a long time if they want. Bringing the temperature up might induce birthing. Hope this helped :)

Ill try to bring it up with a water change. Hope it works

I just bought a heater and it brings the water to 78 but usually my water temp reads about 80. It has been in for a week... hoping this is what they need and will drop.. got 3 mollies holding out on me...

I've had a heater that brings the water to that temp. But still no babies. Good luck tho

Mine are a crescent moon shape. Dark. But not super black.

Idk bc mine have looked like this for the past 2 weeks.. like they could pop any second... i just dunno whats goin on with them... so you say yours are younger? Bc mine are at least a 6 months to a year old

One of the best ways to look if they have babies or how soon they r going to have them is the black spot but since they r black.......lol
The one is pic 5 looks very ready. R the pics all on one Molly?

One of the best ways to look if they have babies or how soon they r going to have them is the black spot but since they r black.......lol
The one is pic 5 looks very ready. R the pics all on one Molly?

No they are 3 different.. i tell them aart by their fins and tail fins...one is Dolly, Molly, and Fin...

Back
Top Bottom