Stinky tank/lots of little bubbles.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vienolac

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently my tank has started to smell pretty bad.
I recently did a 50%water change. And I had to start using a new filter because I'm going to start a new tank soon. And i want the filter to already have bb on it so it can cycle a little faster, however I think I may have caused my current tank to start cycling again? Since I put it in the water has gotten a little more cloudy.

On another note. I now have little tiny. Bubbles at the top of the tank, And it almost is like foam looking. What do I do about this..
Also today I am going to be re homeing all of my fish to the new 20 gallon.
Where I am sure it will have to cycle again....

Here's a picture of the foamy bubbles
What causes this. What can I do?

Attachments

• image-4085439550.jpg
    image-4085439550.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 75
I know how horrible that feels this happened to my 10h when I first started my cycle.

What kind of filter are you using? I find that some filters (like the whisper series) don't provide enough aeration along the entire surface of the tank, and so dust and other mini particles are just stagnant and sitting at the top and form bubbles :(

I fixed this problem by doing at 50%PWC then ditched my whisper filter and got am AquaClear HOB filter.

Good luck!

my 30G does the same thing, I have an 18'' bubbler along the back wall that created most of the foamy bubbles. Wasn't sure if that was normal, or due to the bubbler. This may answer my question as well!

i had an issue like this 1 i was over feeding and not enough bb in the tank...what i did was pwc and added safe start to boost the cycle and then started skipping a few feedings

Currently using an aqua tech 10-20g filter.

I actually just rehome all of my fish into a 20g tank. So when it starts to cycle. I'll see what happens.

Due to lack of room. I had no choice of doing a fish less cycle. Or getting the tank cycled before putting all my fish in.
Hopefully I can keep them all alive :)

Back
Top Bottom