Stock for 40 gallon long fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I'm currently stocking my 40 gallon fowlr long and I don't know what to get. I want a centre piece fish and a few smaller interesting fish. Also, I want a ocellaris clownfish so make sure to incorporate that too.

Thanks

PS also can someone post some ideas for a clean up crew? I'm interested in peppermint shrimp, cool crabs and snails

40 gallon long fowlr cycling currently

I always liked a harlequin bass in my tanks, they make a good center piece fish. Then you could maybe do a firefish or two, a goby, and a pair of clowns. For a clean up crew I would just do snails and a shrimp. If you get hermit crabs they will just kill your snails for their shells.

Shrimp aren't part of the clean up crew and you dont have to have one if you dont want one. Personally i would do some snails and if your rock work is secure then some hermits. I haven't ever had a problem with hermits killing snails as long as you provide them with spare shells to move into.

Would I need to feed them or do they find their own food?

Does a cardinal fish require a lot of room? Is it easy to care for?

The CUC will find it's own food. They are scavengers (food/algae/detritus). Just don't put in more than your tank can sustain and remember that you don't have to have them. Yes, they clean, but they also put out waste. I usually have a few, but more because I like the little critters moving around in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Does a cardinal fish require a lot of room? Is it easy to care for?

Look at sites like Liveaquaria. They provide great info on recommended tank sizes, compatability, ease of care, reef-safe, diet, temperament, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom