Stock List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissSmish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, my plan for the tank is the following:

2 Dwarf Gouramis (1 Male, 1 Female)
4 Blue Platys
4 Kuhli Loaches
Possibly some Shrimp (which I know may become food for the gouramis, but as the tank will be quite heavily planted I'm hoping they will have plenty of places to hide)

It's a 100L tank, (Dimensions: 66 x 38 x 49 cm) pump has a 550L/Hr capacity.

I'm aware that the platys will breed, but I have another tank that the fry can go in (housemates spare). My question is, is that list overstocking the tank?

That is not overstocking, actually I'm surprised your even asking this. However, I would up your loach family, these little interactive guys will be best with 6+.

Is that around 25G or 33Gallons?? If it is 33G then I would say perfectly stocked ( could add more loaches though) and you could do the shrimp idea very well!

Readingexcalibur said:
That is not overstocking, actually I'm surprised your even asking this. However, I would up your loach family, these little interactive guys will be best with 6+.

+1 about the loaches!!

Bear in mind I am a complete newbie at tropical tanks - I've had Bettas before and that's about it. I don't want to overstock, because it'll break my heart having to rehome any of the adults.

Thanks!! :D

MissSmish said:
Bear in mind I am a complete newbie at tropical tanks - I've had Bettas before and that's about it. I don't want to overstock, because it'll break my heart having to rehome any of the adults.

Thanks!! :D

Mumma the pro at this stuff!! I know you feel rehoming fish

Yes. In fact you're one of three people who taught me about it. :) my tank was cycled using some filter media from my housemates tank and all levels are perfect.

Back
Top Bottom