stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticHooper23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Could I do this stock for a heavily planted 40 breeder

2 German Blue Rams
1 red tailed shark
6 tiger barbs
6 serpae tetras
1 bristlenose pleco

With room to spare! Im not used to seeing a question like that. Usually its somebody that wants to cram 3 times that amount of fish in a tank half that size. :rolleyes:

You could even increase the size of the Barb and/or Tetra schools and add some corys to fill out the bottom. The more Tiger Barbs in the school the less likely they are to harass other fish. Same thing for the Serpaes, but to a smaller degree as they arent as nippy as the Tiger Barbs.

Remember to add that Red Tail Shark last, and if possible get the smallest one you can. The more established the rest of the fish are in the tank the less likely the RTS will bully them later... no promises though.

Here's a useful tool that will help you along. Its just offers up a guideline and sometimes tips.
AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

Good luck (y)

With room to spare! Im not used to seeing a question like that. Usually its somebody that wants to cram 3 times that amount of fish in a tank half that size. :rolleyes:

You could even increase the size of the Barb and/or Tetra schools and add some corys to fill out the bottom. The more Tiger Barbs in the school the less likely they are to harass other fish. Same thing for the Serpaes, but to a smaller degree as they arent as nippy as the Tiger Barbs.

Remember to add that Red Tail Shark last, and if possible get the smallest one you can. The more established the rest of the fish are in the tank the less likely the RTS will bully them later... no promises though.

Here's a useful tool that will help you along. Its just offers up a guideline and sometimes tips.
AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

Good luck (y)

Oh I just wanted to make sure they were compatible lol who should I add in first?

Could I do this stock for a heavily planted 40 breeder

2 German Blue Rams
1 red tailed shark
6 tiger barbs
6 serpae tetras
1 bristlenose pleco

Red Tailed Sharks are always a gamble, but I think with the fish on this list there shouldnt be any problems. That said, I dont know anything about the German Blue Rams. Lots of people seem to have them, so they must be ok.

Its typically best to add them in order of least aggressive to most aggressive. So, again knowing nothing about GBRs, Id suggest:
Serpae Tetras
GBR
Tiger Barbs
Pleco
Red Tail Shark

Maybe somebody with knowledge/experience with the GBRs can chime in with any changes.

I have the pleco second to last. This isnt because of its aggression. They just do better the more established the tank is and Im just assuming that its either freshly cycled or youre planning on doing a Fish-In cycle with the Serpaes. If you do decide to take up my suggestion about adding some Corys, then I would suggest adding them either before or after the pleco for the same reason.

If your tank has been up and running a while and is pretty established, then add the pleco at any point.

Back
Top Bottom