Stocking 120G tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am willing to stock my empty tank of 120 Gallons. I have no idea's at the moment but if you do, please give me any advice or idea's as to what to do with this tank. I am eager to fill it up. I like bigger types of fish and something interesting!
Thank You!

In a tank this size what I would do is either make it a giant planted tank or a single Oscar. If you don't like planted tank a big, single wet pet would be cool. Or a native tank, with fish like sunfish, pumpkinseed and mosquitofish. Lots of possibilities with a tank this big. Use it wisely, this is some peoples dream tank ;)

I'd be interested in putting a single or maybe 2 or 3 bigger sided fish but I don't feel a single oscar in a 120 would really fill it. Maybe a good pair of oscars in a 120 or some other nice predator fish.

8 Boesemani rainbows
6 Red rainbows
6 Turquoise rainbows
2 Angelfish
2 Rams
1 Pleco
6 denison's barbs
2 siamese algae eaters

And more!!!

How about a few convicts or some jack Dempsey's? JD's have amazing coloration and from what I hear also have an amazing personality. A couple breeding pairs of convicts would be fun, but I don't how aggressive they would be towards each other. Another fun fish is a fahaka puffer :D That's probably what I would do, just a huge puffer named Boris.

8 Boesemani rainbows
6 Red rainbows
6 Turquoise rainbows
2 Angelfish
2 Rams
1 Pleco
6 denison's barbs
2 siamese algae eaters

And more!!!
Ill check this combo out, I've never tried more then 5 fish in the same tank but I'm willing to research it, thanks!

How about a few convicts or some jack Dempsey's? JD's have amazing coloration and from what I hear also have an amazing personality. A couple breeding pairs of convicts would be fun, but I don't how aggressive they would be towards each other. Another fun fish is a fahaka puffer :D That's probably what I would do, just a huge puffer named Boris.
Breeding pairs of convicts get pretty aggressive and tear things to bits. Jack dempsey's do seem interesting though, I did have one but he was bullying my oscar so I gave it back in. Tempting though. As for that Puffer, I don't think i'll be able to get any of those off market type of fish around here. I have access to some pretty wicked fish but I'll have to check it out, thanks though!

Back
Top Bottom